Friday 13 January 2012

It's Friday....

...it's five to five; it's Crackerjack! Except this isn't a 1970's kids TV show, it's the random outpourings of my brain which masquerades as a blog, so actually only one third of that title/opening line combination is true. Wot - as the Yoof of today would say - EVS.

But yes, it is Friday which means only one thing: another *exciting* installment of the Lust List. It was hard to narrow down today's contender for the honour (so many men, so little time, right Lee?) but after much deliberation and an acknowledgement there are still another fifty weeks in the year to come, I realised there could only be one submission...

Now he may not be conventionally gorgeous, but as I wholeheartedly find convention to be an often dispiriting, disquieting and occasionally irritating concept, such vanities have never bothered me. He is, however, a poet; a troubadour and an all-round Nice Bloke, whose song lyrics speak to my heart and whose voice makes my knees weak, my eyes fill with tears and my soul tremble. I can withstand almost any *funny* comments about my taste in men - most of which I'm bound to agree with because even I know how eclectic and, er, strange it can be - but I will not hear a bad word said against this man EVER, on pain of being cut out of my life completely. He is, in short, amazing. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Blogsphere, I give you...Mr Gary Lightbody.



This song is beautiful and the way he sings it makes me want to sob. Leona Lewis can stfu and step away from the song because her version could never in a million billion years ever compete. And because I don't need an excuse (although I'll give you one: this second song is about Seamus Heaney, one of my favourite poets), here's another video for you...



*sigh* Please excuse me, I have some swooning to do...

No comments: