Friday 20 January 2012

Friday Lust List...

It's getting more and more difficult to decide who to put on the Lust List post each week, you know, and we're only in week three!!  Mainly because my Little Black Book - from whence the LL originates - is bulging at the seams.  What can I say; I'm shallow.  But frankly when the world is grim and grey and full of depressing words like 'recession' and 'unemployment' and 'US Republican Presidential Nominees'...well, sometimes a twinkly pair of eyes, a mysterious smile and a not-unattractive face/body/combination thereof is all we have to get us through the day.  This is my excuse, anyway...

Now the GBF has already expressed complete and utter shock that I haven't literally plastered the entire blog in Richard Madden and Kit Harington pictures.  It's early days.  Today, however, I bring you the talented, twinkly-eyed and not-at-all-unattractive Mr Michael Fassbender...



The very first film I ever saw Michael in was 'Hunger', a visceral, violent and ultimately disturbingly brilliant debut film of Steve McQueen, which is about the 1981 hunger strikes in the Maze Prison in Northern Ireland.  Michael Fassbender played Bobby Sands, hero and martyr of the Republican movement, and it was one of the most captivating performances I've ever seen.  Well, actually, the very very first time I saw him was in 300, but I had no idea it was the same guy.  As Stelios he was one in a cast of, um, three hundred, but in Hunger he was the heart and soul of the film and it was an award-winning performance.  If you haven't seen the film I really recommend it - it isn't easy viewing in any way, shape or form, but it's worth every single second of it.  After Hunger his movie career took off and he's been in everything from Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds to the X-Men reboot (X-Men: First Class).  He's currently starring in McQueen's second film, Shame, in which he plays a sex addict.  Three guesses what my next trip to the movies is going to involve...


Michael Fassbender: for services to weak knees, twinkly eyes and incredible film roles, I salute you.  Congratulations.  You have made the Lust List...

No comments: