Monday 9 January 2012

I Don't Like Mondays...

Sorry - brief Boomtown Rats moment.  But I have officially decided that Monday's suck - that's just what happens when you've had a week off and then have to drag yourself back into the office, especially since I know my job looks likely to go due to budget cuts.  Then I went back to the doctors and have to be referred  to the hospital again - oh yes, Monday's are just frigging delightful.

That said, however, I refuse to allow any doom and gloom to bring me down.  Life's too short, even for Little Miss Misery Guts here; sometimes you just have to take the sunshine where you find it.  And I have found the odd shaft of sunlight today, admittedly in the weirdest places.

1) First thing this morning, as I was going off to work, I saw a kestrel going after the starlings in the tree.  It didn't get any, but just watching it swooping down in pursuit of its prey was absolutely breathtaking.  I almost felt bad that it missed...

2) On the way into work, I saw a bee.  This is weird because it's, well, January, but nevertheless a bee there was.  It was buzzing around quite happily doing its thing, and for some reason t made me feel positive.  If a little bee can brave the January chills, I can weather whatever storms are coming just the same.

3) http://birdsinhats.blogspot.com  There are never enough words to describe my sheer childish delight at the idea of birds wearing hats.  Alice Tams is a genius and you should all follow her blog immediately.  It will make you feel better, I promise. 
 
4) My awesome mother bought me THE greatest present ever - look at my cat mask!! 



Rawr, Pussycat!!

5) The 'antiquarian and collectible' books on the Oxfam secondhand bookshop site.  Even if I never buy any of them, I could literally spend hours going through all the listings and seeing the weird and wonderful things that appear.  Today's gem - A Dictionary of Chivalry.  I am sorely tempted...

And lastly but never ever in a million years leastly - Richard Madden reciting Shakespeare.


Suddenly all is right with the world...*sigh*

No comments: