Thursday 12 January 2012

I Can't Think What To Call This Post...

...a witty and erudite title, no? Well, tough cupcakes, Blogverse, because I am currently watching Earthflight and imagining being a bird who is read to by David Tennant.

In all seriousness, though, while watching said programme I am v. V. glad not to be a frigging bird. I mean for one thing I hate flying, so unless I was gonna be a penguin or something I'd pretty much suck as a bird (also if I was a penguin I'd spend the entire time convulsed in hysterical laughter because - duh! - penguins are way cute but make me giggle, so I'd be leopard seal food in no time). And for another thing, they have to fly for bloody miles! I mean seriously, look how wee and teeny and small a swallow is and then factor in the eight thousand-odd miles it's flown to reach the UK...just the thought of it makes me want to go and lie down in a darkened room. Although seeing the cranes flying over Venice is quite awe-inspiring (I love the city, and I bet they don't have to pay for breathing on their flights unlike us mere mortals), and the whole way they've filmed the series is beautiful. So no, I don't think I DO want to be a bird, thank you very much, but I quite like watching them while they do all the hard work...

2 comments:

Ricardo said...

That last bit doesnt just apply to birds though does it?

Kate said...

Don't know what you mean...*whistles*