Saturday 7 August 2010

"I've Had An Idea..."

If anyone ever happens to be in the vicinity when I say this next, please feel free to give me a good thwack upside the head and scream at me in whichever language you happen to know best. I will not be offended. I may be mildly surprised at first, and may possibly even attempt to assault you with something blunt, but after I have calmed down you can remind me of this post and all shall be forgiven.

See, I'm a great one for ideas. Oh yes, give you a million if you wanted. Unfortunately, they tend to be not very well thought out...my bright spark idea this afternoon was to upload some more songs onto my laptop and then transfer them to my mp3 player. Then I decided to wipe my mp3 player and start again, so that I could put lots of nice new shiny tunes on the system. So what's the problem, I hear you ask; that all sounds well and good to me.

In theory, of course, there is no problem. In theory, it is a perfectly reasonable thing to spend a Saturday afternoon doing. In practice, however, thanks to the fact that I have many more CD's missing from my laptop than I thought, coupled with the fact that my external disc drive is slower than a tortoise with asthma and takes forever to copy a CD, it is taking an age to get to the point where I can start copying things over. I may be here for quite sometime...

On the plus side, however, I have rediscovered some of my favourite stuff that was lurking around at the back of the shelving unit. I also appear to be in possession of a large number of albums that would make people go "eh?" if they were to see them. And you know what? I don't actually care! So hurrah for eclectic, eccentric musical tastes; hurrah for bright ideas and hurrah for the person who is able to figure out a way of doing this quicker...*sigh*

No comments: