Saturday 2 October 2010

Strictly Holidays...

I have finally recovered from the arduous journey home from the North (and the horrendous feeling of going back to work after a holiday *sigh*) and shall return to blogging with a vengeance!

So yes, Scotland...well, what I can say about it? It was, as last year, absolutely beautiful - and with no sudden detours to A&E on the way home, it was also a bit better than last year!! We started in Edinburgh for a day and a half, which was lovely apart from the fact that it peed down with rain and I spent far too much money (ignore this bit please, Mothership), and I've realised that it's a gorgeous city, even in the grey gloom. Then we headed for a three-day coach tour of the Highlands and Islands, based at Portree in the Isle of Skye...It. Was. Fab. The weather was brilliant, the sceneery beautiful and if I rob a bank, I'm moving to Skye. I would upload piccies but Blogger appears to be playing silly wotsits and won't let me. They are on Facebook, though, if you want to see my half-arsed attempts with a camera...

Also in the news...Strictly is back on and suddenly the weekends are looking vaguely hilarious again. Gods, I lead such a sad and tragic life...sadly for me, Gavin Henson did reasonably well, but the new English and Russian professionals are seriously sexy and there promises to be much entertainment between now and Christmas. Ann Widdecome and Anton DuBeke? Love it! If I was any kind of a betting woman, which I'm not, I'd put money on them going quite far...

No comments: