Tuesday 27 July 2010

New hobby...

I know it's been a few days since I last wrote, but my mobile broadband has been playing up. Typical, eh? Still, being away from the lure of the laptop has allowed me to actually get out of an evening...shock horror. And not only did I get out on Saturday night, I ended up doing something totally out of my comfort zone...it's that year of living dangerously again! And this is dangerous. This is roller derby.



I suppose I should probably clarify something for the incredulous. I haven't actually signed up to take part as a derby girl, although one of my friends has and the members of the Seaside Sirens, our local team, are seriously awesome ladies. Nope, I've decided my talents lie elsewhere, and so when the Sirens start officially bouting, I'm going to be there as a fearleader. And if I can take my inspiration or be anywhere near as awesome as the fabulous LA Derby Dolls, I will die happy...these girls are seriously sexy and utterly fab!




Bring on the bouts!! I will shake my pom poms and get to work...

No comments: