Saturday 11 February 2012

Snow Patrol!

Ok, so there was no Lust List last night because yours truly was at the O2 Arena, freezing my sexy little arse off (why do I never remember how cold it is in that place?) to go and see the absolutely wonderful Snow Patrol, and of course the lead singer of the Belfast band, Gary Lightbody, has already had the dubious honour of making the list.  Well.  Just...well.  It.  Was.  Incredible.  I know people go on an on about how boring they are (yes, Mother, I'm looking at you) but it was one hell of a show - easily in the top five gigs I've ever been to, and that's saying something.  Gary and the boys put on one hell of a show - I literally ran the entire gamut of emotions from hysterical laughter (oh, Mr Lightbody, you are such a funny guy!) to hysterical sobbing to dancing like a crazy thing and then shrieking like a demented harpy when old old songs got pulled out of the bag.  It was completely amazing and Gary has just rocketed up into my Top 10 Live Frontman/woman list - not only is he very sweet and charming, he's also very humble and witty.  The rest of the guys were also astonishingly good; they're all awesome musicians anyway, and live they are just something else.  I really, really recommend going to see them if you ever get the chance (and can get a ticket, because the Gods alone know how lucky I was to get mine!)

So, a treasured memory of the night...



I LOVE this photo - I managed to catch Gary just as he turned to the band and started to laugh; I think they were all a bit staggered by just how many people were rammed inside the (not exactly tiny) arena, and I've rarely been to a gig with such a good atmosphere.  It was staggering.  It was magic.  I got goosebumps, I cried, I laughed...I want to go again.  Now.  Looks like I'll just have to play my videos instead...which apparently I can't upload, so you'll have to ask me to email them to you if want to see them...

No comments: