Thursday 3 February 2011

Confusion is just a state of mind...

Sometimes I do things and I don't know why I do them. Sometimes I think far too much about things. Sometimes I act impulsively. Sometimes I do things I know my friends will think me foolish for. Sometimes I feel like I'm supposed to be a 'grown-up'. Sometimes I feel like I want to be a child. Sometimes I like it when people tell me I should never change. Sometimes I hate it when they do. Sometimes I'm crazy; sometimes I'm angry; sometimes I'm tough; sometimes I'm vulnerable; sometimes I'm scared; sometimes I'm the queen of the world and sometimes I'm totally fearless. I'm a daughter, a sister, a cousin, a niece, a granddaughter, a friend; I'm everything I've experienced and everyone who went before me. I'm an idealist; I'm passionate; I believe in the inherant goodness of the world and I've seen the darker side of that coin which only makes me want to believe all the more. I've met my heroes and been disappointed; I've met others who have taken me completely by surprise. I've done things I never thought I'd do. I've got a list of things I might never do. I've loved, I've lost, I've been let down and I've been picked up again. I've struggled and not always succeeded. Sometimes I've been weak, sometimes I've discovered strength I didn't even know I had. I have dreams. I have nightmares. Sometimes I think I've got it all figured out. Sometimes I think I don't have a clue.

Most of the time, I think I'm just trying to get through.

1 comment:

Moominmama said...

my tuppence worth: you are unique and also not unique; unique in that there will never be someone exactly liker you and i am so proud that i have had a part in that! and not unique in that everyone has confusions and vacillations, but that is part of being human (and here i am NOT talking about Aiden thingummybob, Kate!!). if ever anyone says they've got it all worked out then IMHO either they have tired and emotionless lives or they are just plain telling porkies. Life is confusion, but for the most part it's great. and i am so happy that you are part of my life. i love you, Kate xx